Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Little Something Different

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I don't have any pictures to show you today - I'm on Day 10 of the current mani while doing a massive Spring cleaning, so it's likely to stay for a few more days.  Since I'm not giving you much to entertain you lately, I thought I'd tell you about a new entertainment blog called The Front Row Chicago.  The "Chicago" in the title references the fact that some posts are about regional film and theater events, but generally released movies are reviewed and discussed as well.  There are links for Chicago sites, movie sites, music sites, etc.

It's exceptionally well-written, honest with criticism, and conversational.  The recommendations include suggestions along the lines of the taste a given film might appeal to, which is helpful.  The author is one of my infinitely many cousins, Nick, and his knowledge and appreciation of his subject matter has been impressive for as long as I can remember.  When I spend time at their house (with "them" being Nick's family of origin) , I've always felt a little inadequate about my pedestrian taste in entertainment.  My love of Army of Darkness seems shallow by comparison...

So that's what I have for you today, Dear Reader, just a suggestion to check out some good movie reviews.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment