Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Models Own Utopia and Purple Smash Up

It's Pink Wednesday and after a few weeks since my last PW post I'm back with a brand new polish to show you!

I don't have very many light colours in my stash at all, and even fewer are pastel shades. I decided to pick up this colour from Models Own since the summer is coming and I want to wear some brighter, more jolly colours on my nails! I wasn't sure if I would like it but I really do and I've worn it quite a few times since I bought it.

The formula isn't great on this polish which I can only describe as pasty. There was a lot of dragging and splotchiness but it's such a pretty colour that I can put up with its pitfalls.

3 coats of Models Own Utopia
Top Coat of NYC

While I was in Boots I noticed a lone bottle of Purple Smash Up on the shelf so of course I grabbed it straight away. I was really surprised to see it as I didn't know the colour ones were released yet, let alone that you could buy them in store - I thought you'd only be able to get them online - so I think I was just in the right time at the right place but I'm still puzzled as to why it was there because this was at least a week ago and as far as I'm aware, they only launched online five days ago.

I think the Models Own Smash Up polishes are the first decent crackles that are readily available here in the UK, especially now that there are quite a few colours to choose from with more on the way. The Barry M Nail Effects just don't do it for me because the colours are so boring and basic.

3 coats of Models Own Utopia and NYC top coat
Coat of Models Own Purple Smash Up
2 top coats of NYC

If you enlarge the picture, you'll see that this polish is metallic. There are tiny pieces of blue, purple and even pink glitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment