Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Nails

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I know it's July 3rd, but since I ended up wearing my last manicure for three days (and the polish wore quite well), I figured I'd just go with a holiday one today in case it stays tomorrow.  Truthfully, a holiday-themed manicure didn't occur to me this week until I saw one on somebody else, so I didn't have any grand plans in mind.

I thought red was a good starting point, and I went with OPI Color My Heart... Red, which I think was a heart disease color they did a while back.  It's a really bright classic red and opaque in two coats, so it was the pick.  While it dried, I went through Konad and other nail art stamping plates to look for some designs that would suit Independence Day, and I settled on a little line of stars on plate D15.  I used it twice in Blue Konad Special Polish and once in White Konad Special Polish on an accent nail and called it a holiday manicure.

OPI Color My Heart... Red Nail Polish Stamped with Plate D15
OPI Color My Heart... Red Nail Polish, Two Coats, Stamped with Stars from Plate D15

That's just about all there is to tell you about today.  I hope you have a safe and fun holiday, and until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment