Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Ghoulie Girl

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I'm back with a real post after giving you just promo materials earlier today.  Yesterday I realized that Halloween's less than a week away, and I've shown you a grand total of one Halloween-themed manicure this year, so after swatching yesterday I applied the Ghoulie Girl set of Halloween Sally Hansen Salon Effects, the black background with rows of Pacman-looking ghosts in white and orange, and I thought I'd give you a look.

The Ghoulie Girl strips are thiick in a good, sturdy way, and they were easy to work with.  I put a coat of a non-sticky nail strengthener on before the strips, but I think I need to get over that because they were a lot easier to apply well for the pedicure I did with them, where I used nothing under them.  The only trouble I ran into on the mani was a wrinkle or two where they stuck to the base coat, but I was able to get the wrinkles out pretty well.  To fix them, I used an e-cig battery like a little steam roller over them - the battery is an anodized aluminum perfect cylinder, so it rolled over without sticking at all or making any marks.  I finished the strips off with Sally Hansen Salon Speed Shine, and they're holding up beautifully.  I took the picture just a bit ago, so after they've had twenty-four hours of wear.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Ghoulie Girl

These are so silly fun to wear!  They've gotten a few looks but no comments, likely because I'm forty and otherwise conservatively dressed, and somehow that makes them seem even funnier to me. I'm a fan!

That's all I have for you today, Dear Reader, so until next time, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment