Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Color Club Santa's Cinnamon

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Last night I changed my polish to Color Club Santa's Cinnamon, the red glitter from their Scent-suous Holiday Collection, after discovering a decent sized chip in Gingerbread Man.  I couldn't really tell if it the chip was in the polish or the nail, so I'm suspending judgment about whether Gingerbread Man is chippy.

Santa's Cinnamon was one of the two from this collection that I was uncertain of, and now that it's on I'm glad I got it.  It's fine red glitter in a red jelly base, but the glitter is so dense that two thin coats were all that was needed for it to be even and opaque.  It went on easily over a base coat, and after a coat of Tout de Suite had a few minutes to do its thing I added some Nubar Freeze Dry drops just to be sure because the glitter is really incredibly glowy and bright, so I would have gotten annoyed if I'd smudged it.  Once it was dry, I noticed the surface was very grainy despite the glitter being very fine, so I added a coat of Sally Hansen Speed Shine.  That helped, but it needed one more coat of Speed Shine to be smooth this morning.  This is what it looks like under artificial light.

Color Club Santa's Cinnamon
Color Club Santa's Cinnamon Nail Polish, Two Coats

The glitter in this is great.  Here's a closer look at part of a nail.

Color Club Santa Cinnamon Glitter
Color Club Santa Cinnamon Nail Polish's Glitter

The fragrance is Santa's Cinnamon is milder than that in Gingerbread Man or Sugar Plum Yum, and it smells like a less sweetened version of Cinnamon Red Hots.  I think I would have preferred a cinnamon stick smell, but this isn't too far off and is mild.

That is Color Club Santa's Cinnamon and the update for today, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment