Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Zoya Feel Collection

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I have the last of the Zoya Feel Collection to show you today, and that's Zoya Megan.  Zoya describes it as "taupe gray cream," and I can sign on for that.  I also see a bit of a lavender tinge in the bottle, but that really doesn't show up nearly as much on my hands.

This manicure is slightly different than the prior five in terms of the base used.  I cracked a couple nails on my right hand putting clean sheets on the bed over the weekend, so I did the long term repair of gluing the cracks and adding soak off gel.  With the weather changing, I figured I'd ward off additional cracks by just using one thin coat of Nubar Gelicure base coat and one of their soak off sealer on all ten nails.  It ended up being a really good ridge filling base, and I just applied two coats of Zoya Megan, which went on just as well as the previous five, and a coat of Essie Good to Go to dry it.  Over a very smooth base, Zoya Megan is even shinier than the others were.  I applied the color when I did the repairs yesterday, and it's raining today so I took this morning's picture under artificial light.

Zoya Megan
Zoya Megan Nail Polish, Two Coats

As promised, I'll put all of them in one place so you don't have to flip between pages to compare any.  To summarize, I'm just putting Zoya's color description, the picture, and a link to my full review of each, and I've tried to order them so similar colors are close together.

I think Carey is closest to Megan, and that's the "periwinkle gray cream."

Zoya Carey
Zoya Carey Nail Polish, Two Coats

Kristen is the "gull gray cream."

Zoya Kristen
Zoya Kristen Nail Polish, Two Coats

Kendal moves us to the beiges, a "rose quartz beige cream."

Zoya Kendal
Zoya Kendal Nail Polish, Two Coats

Kennedy is the "pale french beige cream."

Zoya Kennedy
Zoya Kennedy Nail Polish, Two Coats

The last is Avery, the "blonde beige cream."

Zoya Avery
Zoya Avery Nail Polish, Two Coats

The review summary is that I found all six to be exceptionally easy to apply and control, even, opaque, and super glossy in two coats, and to have a better than average drying time.  I think making choices from this collection really boils down to which colors seem like they'd work best for you, and even though Avery isn't great with my coloring, I think all six are solid updated versions of good neutral basics.

Wearing neutral cremes was a good break from glitter, just what I needed!  I'm ready for something more exciting though, and fortunately, I have good things to show you.  Until then, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

These products were sent by the manufacturer for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment