Thursday, November 3, 2011

FingerPaints Fun-Fetti

Good evening, Dear Reader!

I got an unexpected surprise today, so I can show you FingerPaints Fun-fetti, the stand-alone FingerPaints holiday glitter release I'd shown you the press release for last week.  I hadn't really expected Sally Beauty Supply to go through the hassle and shipping expense of sending samples of this one out, but it showed up today.  I had something to go to earlier tonight, and I opted to change my manicure to Fun-fetti rather than wear makeup.  It got a good compliment, so I think it was the right pick - the woman next to me while I was out touched a finger and said "It's beautiful!", which was nice.

I looked at the bottle next to Sephora by OPI Spark-tacular!, and the FingerPaints glitter is both bigger and brighter.   I don't have OPI Rainbow Connection for comparison.

FingerPaints Fun-fetti Comparison
FingerPaints Fun-fetti and Sephora by OPI Spark-tacular! Comparison

For the manicure, I thought Fun-fetti could use an opaque base, and I chose silver.  I used Orly  Dazzle, but I think any silver foil would work well (Dazzle is good and I've used and like Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City and  FingerPaints Easel Come, Easel Go myself, and have only heard good about Zoya Trixie).  Dazzle needed two coats to not be blotchy, and after giving that a few minutes to set I added two coats of FingerPaints Fun-fetti, which is a bit on the thick side but easy to apply and fast drying.  It currently has one coat of Tout de Suite for top coat, and although it's not perfectly smooth and I'll add another layer of top coat in the morning, it's surprisingly not lumpy.  The glitter lies far flatter than I'd expected given its size.

FingerPaints Fun-Fetti
FingerPaints Fun-Fetti Nail Polish, Two Coats over Silver

Here's a closer look at the glitter.

FingerPaints Fun-Fetti Glitter
FingerPaints Fun-Fetti Nail Polish over Silver, A Closer Look at the Glitter

I really like this.  Some of the glitter's at the upper end of how big I like it, but in the bright colors it works for me.  Typically random compliments come on manicures that are a lot of work, so getting one simple layered glitter was an indicator of how cool this polish is.  I also think it'll be pretty versatile in terms of colors it can be layered over.

The press info tells me this will be available from November through January only at SallyBeauty.com for $4.99 and is a limited edition, and that's a link to it on their site (I just checked to get a link and found it there already).  That's what I know about FingerPaints Fun-fetti, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment