Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sally Hansen Magenta Magic

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I've been over-the-top busy since Sunday, the kind of busy where exhaustion and frustration are constant themes, but I decided to take a half-hour head clearing manicure and post break between tasks.  In an email today,wearing a good holo was mentioned, and thinking of them made me decide wearing one would be a good idea.  It doesn't take a single thing off my To Do list, nor does it make anything easier, but having a cool holo mani is generally spirit-lifting so it seemed like a good choice.

I used one of the old Sally Hansen Magicals, Magenta Magic.  It's a really, really good holographic polish.  I used a coat of Nfu Oh Aqua Base, two of Magenta Magic, and one coat of SpaRitual Tout de Suite top coat for the manicure.  In the last year, maybe year and a half, I've answered lots of questions about top coat over holos and jumping through hoops with it, and to be honest I'm not sure how the idea that top coat is problematic with holos came up.  I've always used whatever top coat I have a bottle of over whatever holo I'm wearing just like any other color polish without a problem.  The instant top coat is applied it dulls the holographic effect, then about two minutes later after it's dried the holo is back, just like when the holo polish is first applied and wet it's not super holo and gets more so as it dries.  Anyhow, this manicure had no trouble with it, as you can see here.

Sally Hansen Magenta Magic Nail Polish, Two Coats

The Magicals were a really cool line, another that was discontinued after a short life.  I really like all that I have quite a bit, and it was nice to wear a much-loved oldy today.

That's Sally Hansen Magenta Magic and all I have for you today, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment